Here are some tasks you should consider complete each month throughout the year
● Test all lighting; replace bulbs, dust & clean fixtures
● Vacuum couches (keep anything interesting you find)
● Clean the furnace filter to remove dust buildups, make it easier to regulate your home's temperature, and ultimately decrease energy bills.
● Check the water softener and replenish salt if necessary
● Clean faucet aerators and showerheads to remove mineral deposits
● Inspect tub and sink drains for debris; unclog if necessary
● Test smoke alarms, carbon monoxide
detectors, fire extinguishers, and all groundfault circuit interrupters
● Inspect electrical cords for wear
● Vacuum heat registers and heat vents
● Check that indoor and outdoor air vents are not blocked
● Flush out hot water from the water heater to remove accumulated sediment; test pressure relief valve
● Clean the garbage disposal by grinding ice cubes, then flushing with hot water and baking soda
If you feel any of the areas of your home could use professional attention, please reach out.
Areas that commonly show early signs of damage are roofs, windows and exterior coverings such as stucco and siding. Heritage Interiors and Exteriors would be happy to provide a free inspection and estimate to save you time and money. Getting repairs or replacements done earlier is always a good option!